Mark B. Orringer, M.D.
Professor Section of Thoracic Surgery
Cameron Haight Collegiate Professor
- Ohtsuka T, Flaherty KR, Lin J, Lama VN, Reddy R, Orringer MB, Chan KM, Chang ACC. Preoperative pulmonary artery pressure and mortality following lung transplantation. Accepted for publication in Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, August 8, 2012.
- Urba S, Schneider BJ, Hayman JA, Orringer MB, Chang A, Pickens A, Pan C, Lee J, Foster J, Merajver S. Preoperative chemoradiation followed by postoperative adjuvant therapy with tetrathiomolybdate, a novel copper chelator, for patients with resectable esophageal cancer. Accepted for publication in Investigational New Drugs, July 18, 2012.
- Teman N, Silski L, Zhao L, Kober M, Urba S, Orringer MB, Chang A, Lin J, Reddy R. Thromboembolic events prior to esophagectomy for locally advanced esophageal cancer do not result in worse outcomes. Submitted to the Annals of Thoracic Surgery, January, 2012.
- Lin et al. Activation of GATA6 sustains oncogenic lineage-survival in esophageal adenocarcinoma. PNAS accepted January 17, 2012.
- Ohtsuka T, Flaherty KR, Lin J, Lama VN, Reddy RM, Orringer MB, Chan KM, Chang AC. Impact of increasing pulmonary artery pressure prior to lung transplantation for pulmonary fibrosis. J Cardiothorac Surg, Submitted 2011.
- Sheetz K, Zhao L, Kodali S, Holcombe SA, Wang SC, Reddy RM, Lin J, Orringer MB, Chang AC. Decreased Core Muscle Size is Associated with Worse Patient Survival Following Esophagectomy for Cancer. Lancet, Submitted 2011.
- Chen G, Kim S, Taylor J, Wang Z, Lee O, Ramnath N, Reddy R, Lin J, Chang A, Orringer MB, Beer DG. Development and validation of a qRT-PCR classifier for lung cancer prognosis, J Thorac Oncol, Submitted 2011.
- Orringer MB. Defining a "successful" esophagectomy. Ann Surg, 2011;253(1):6-7.
- Davis SJ, Zhao L, Chang AC, Orringer MB. Refractory cervical esophagogastric anastomotic strictures: management and outcomes. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 2011; 141:444-448.
- Ajani JA, Barthel JS, Bekaii-Saab T, Bentrem DJ, D'Amico TA, Das P, Denlinger C, Fuchs CS, Gerdes H, Hayman JA, Hazard L, Hofstetter WL, Ilson DH, Keswani RN, Kleinberg LR, Korn M, Meredith K, Mulcahy MF, Orringer MB, Osarogiagbon RU, Posey JA, Sasson AR, Scott WJ, Shibata S, Strong VE, Washington MK, Willett C, Wood DE, Wright CD, Yang G. NCCN Gastric Cancer Panel. J Natl Compr Canc Netw, 2010; 8(4):378-409.
- Orringer MB. Age does not preclude an esophagectomy. . . If only it were that simple. Invited Editorial. Ann Surg Oncol, 2010;17(6)1487-1489.
- Hansen N, Brown RKJ, Khan A, Frey KA, Orringer MB. False positive diagnosis of metastatic esophageal carcinoma on positron emission tomography: A case report of cholecystitis stimulating a hepatic lesion. Clin Nucl Med 2010;35:409-412.
- Chang AC, Lee JS, Sawicki KT, Pickens A, Orringer MB. Outcomes after esophagectomy in patients with prior antireflux or hiatal hernia surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 2010;89(4):1015-21.
- Cai X, Xu L, Wang L, Hayman JA, Chang AC, Pickens A, Cease K, Orringer MB, Kong FM. Comparative survival in patients with postresection recurrent versus newly diagnosed non-small-cell lung cancer treated with radiotherapy. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 2010:76(4):1100-5.
- Zhu W, Appelman HD, Greenson JK, Ramsburgh SR, Orringer MB, Chang AC, McKenna BJ. A histologically defined subset of high grade dysplasia in Barrett's mucosa is predictive of associated carcinoma. Am J Clin Path 2009;132(1):94-100.
- Silvers AL, Lin L, Bass AJ, Chen G, Wang Z, Thomas DG, Lin J, Giordano TJ, Orringer MB, Beer DG, Chang AC. Decreased Selenium-Binding Protein 1 in esophageal adenocarcinoma results from posttranscriptional and epigenetic regulation and affects chemosensitivity. Clin Cancer Res; 2010:16(7):2009-21.
- Hartojo W, Silvers AL, Thomas DG, Seder CW, Lin L, Rao H, Wang Z, Greenson JK, Giordano TJ, Orringer MB, Rehemtulla A, Bhojani MS, Beer DG, Chang AC. Curcumin promotes apoptosis, increases chemosensitivity, and inhibits nuclear factor kB in esophageal adenocarcinoma. Translational Oncology. 2010;3:99-108.
- Orringer MB. Richard Anderson – Cardiothoracic Surgeon Personified. Ann Thorac Surg 2009;88:1729-1731.
- Zhu W, Appelman HD, Greenson JK, Ramsburgh SR, Orringer MB, Chang AC, McKenna BJ. A histologically defined subset of high-grade dysplasia in Barrett mucosa is predictive of associated carcinoma. Am J Clin Path 2009;132(1):94-100.
- McClelland, MR, Carskadon S, Zhao L, White ES, Orringer MB, Pickens A, Chang A, Arenberg DA. Diversity of the angiogenic phenotype in non-small cell lung cancer. AACR. Submitted 06/2006.
Recent Chapters In Books
- Orringer MB. Transhiatal Esophagectomy. In Kaiser, Kron and Spray (eds.) Mastery of Cardiothoracic Surgery. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia. Submitted July 25, 2012.
- Orringer MB. Esophageal Cancer. In Dimick J, Upchurch G, Sonnenday C (eds.) Clinical Scenarios in General Surgery. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2011, In press.
- Lin J, Orringer MB. Esophageal Cancer. In Yuh, DD et al. Johns Hopkins Manual of Cardiothoracic Surgery. New York: McGraw-Hill, submitted.
- Orringer MB. Transhiatal esophagectomy. Chapter in Fischer J and Bland KI (eds.) Mastery of Surgery, 6th edition. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2010, accepted.
- Waljee JF, Orringer MB. Transhiatal Esophagectomy. Chapter 5 in Minter RM, Doherty GM (eds.) Current Procedures: Surgery. Lange McGraw Hill, New York, New York, 2010, pp.29-41.
- Orringer MB. Transhiatal Esophagectomy without Thoracotomy. Chapter 138 in Shields TW Locicero J III, Reed CE, Feins RH (eds) General Thoracic Surgery, 7th Edition, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2009, pp.1771-1794.
- Malani PN, Vaitkevicius PV, Orringer MB. Perioperative Evaluation and Management. Chapter 35 in Halter JB, Ouslander JG, Tinetti ME, Studenski S, High KP, Asthana S (eds.) Hazzard's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology – 6th edition. McGraw Hill, New York, 2009, pp. 407-416.
- Orringer MB. Esophagectomy for benign disease. Chapter 29 in Patterson GA, Cooper JD, Deslauriers J, Lerut AEMR, Luketich J, Rice TW (eds.) Pearson's Thoracic and Esophageal Surgery – 3rd edition. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2008, pp.337-354.
- Orringer MB. Transhiatal esophagectomy. Chapter 52 in Patterson GA, Cooper JD, Deslauriers J, Lerut AEMR, Luketich J, Rice TW (eds.) Pearson's Thoracic and Esophageal Surgery – 3rd edition. Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2008, pp.563-583.
- Orringer MB, Transhiatal esophagectomy without thoracotomy. Chapter 64 in Fischer J (ed.) Mastery of Surgery – 5th edition. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2007, pp.772-788.