Dennis R. Claflin, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor, Plastic Surgery
- Claflin DR, Sonnett KC, Khalil OH, Faulkner JA: Shortening causes a speed-dependent reduction in the rate constant of force redevelopment in human permeabilized skeletal muscle fibers. Biophysical Journal 88:126a, 2005.
- Claflin DR, Cederna PS, Larkin LM, Faulkner JA. Cross-sectional areas, specific forces, and normalized powers of single fibers from vastus lateralis muscles of young and elderly women. FASEB Journal 19(5):A1574, 2005.
- Larkin LM, Horowitz JF, Cederna PS, Faulkner JA, Claflin DR. Effects of age and progressive resistance training on fatigability of single muscle fibers from the vastus lateralis muscle of women. FASEB Journal 19(5):A1571, 2005.
- Faulkner JA, Larkin LM, Wellington MS, Claflin DR: Following lengthening contractions, force deficits of permeabilized single fibers from muscles of old women are greater than those from young women and are not reduced by training with shortening contractions. FASEB Journal 20(4):A383, 2006.
- Larkin LM, Cederna PS, Claflin DR, Faulkner JA: Velocity of shortening accurately predicts myosin isoform in permeabilized single fibers from the vastus lateralis muscle in older women. FASEB Journal 20(4):A804, 2006.
- Larkin LM, Figueroa A, Ashton-Miller JA, Horowitz JF, Alexander NB, Cederna PS, Claflin DR, Faulkner JA: Effects of progressive resistance training on the contractile function of permeabilized single muscle fibers from the vastus lateralis muscle of older women. FASEB Journal 20(4):A382, 2006.
- Panchangam A, Claflin DR, Palmer ML, Faulkner JA. Sarcomere length non-uniformity during active stretches of human permeabilized fibers. Biophysical Journal 90:158a, 2006.
- Panchangam A, Witte R, Claflin DR, O'Donnell M, Faulkner JA. A novel optical imaging system for investigating sarcomere dynamics in single skeletal muscle fibers. Proceedings of the Society of Photoinstrumentation Engineers 6088:CID-608808, 2006.
- Panchangam A, Claflin DR, Palmer ML, Faulkner JA: Injury-inducing stretches of activated skeletal muscle fibers increase passive sarcomere length heterogeneity. Biophysical Journal 92:301a, 2007.
- Larkin LM, Hanes MC, Claflin DR, Faulkner JA: Contractile properties of whole skeletal muscle and single muscle fibers from young and old superoxide dismutase knockout mice. FASEB Journal 22:1163.11, 2008.
- Panchangam A, Claflin DR, Palmer ML, Faulkner JA: During lengthening contractions of permeabilized single muscle fibers, the regions at the longest initial sarcomere lengths undergo the greatest elongation. Biophysical Journal 94:127a-128a, 2008.
- Panchangam A, Claflin DR, Palmer ML, Faulkner JA: Lengthening contractions produce strain-dependent regional changes in the passive length-tension properties of permeabilized single fibers. Biophysical Journal 96:617a-617a, 2009.