Preparing Normal Saline Solution for Vaginal Irrigation
During your post-operative period (until the sutures in your vagina have healed), the vaginal irrigations will need to be performed with normal saline solution.
- Bring one gallon of water to a rolling boil and then add one tablespoon of table salt.
- Continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- The solution should be cooled to room temperature and stored in a clean sealed container.
- This solution should be discarded after 24 hours and new solution prepared.
- Always remember to cool the normal saline to room temperature prior to use.
For Medical Questions, Please Call:
- (734) 998-6022, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- After hours and on weekends, call Hospital Paging at (734) 936-6267 and ask for the Plastic Surgeon on call.