Skin Graft Dressing After Bolster Removal
Today you had your bolster removed from your skin graft site. You will now need to do a daily dressing change to the graft site for many days.
Your physician has prescribed Xeroform dressing changes daily to the graft.
The daily procedure will be as follows:
- Remove and discard the old dressing.
- Open a new Xeroform dressing and apply it to the graft area making sure that the entire graft is covered.
- Cover the Xeroform with a gauze square. (Depending on the location of your graft, you will either secure the gauze with tape, cover the gauze with an Ace wrap or cover the gauze with stockenette. (The nurse or medical assistant will assist you in determining this).
You are not to shower and /or wash the graft site until you get permission from your physician.
For Medical Questions, Please Call:
- (734) 998-6022, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- After hours and on weekends, call Hospital Paging at (734) 936-6267 and ask for the Plastic Surgeon on call.